7.24.2009

Pencil Bench

I've always loved the Pencil Bench since the first time I saw it....I especially loved the color of the pencils they used.  And now, while visiting the website of the company behind the Pencil Bench (Boex), I discovered one in yellow (commissioned by D&AD).  It doesn't have the same appeal in my opinion but cool nonetheless!
 
"Stemming from a single conversation to see if we could incorporate an everyday office object into a piece of   furniture, we designed this quirky bench. It ended up causing quite a stir across the design world, scooping two awards for Boex 3D Creative Solutions and being featured in a number of national magazines including Design Week and Grazia."
The seat is made up of 1,600 pencils which are individually sprung. Each pencil can be removed and used.






No comments: